Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felicegrandinetti
Contributor
Contributor

The request exceeds the memory limit

Good morning,

I'm receiving a "the request exceeds the memory limit" error running my app.

The app size is only 348 Mb

felicegrandinetti_0-1686908685325.png

How can I know how much memory is consumed and what is the maximum usable memory for my license?

Thanks a lot

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not sure how to answer your question about the license capacity directly, however the symptom suggests that there is a performance problem in your app. I'd try to look for one of the following:

- Either an "island" table in your data structure, and an expression that contains fields from both the fact table and the island table, causing a cartesian join

- Or an AGGR() function with a very detailed set of Dimensions (hundreds of thousands or millions of distinct values)

- Or an IF() function (possibly nested) applied on a large data set.

I'd recommend to use QSDA Pro for diagnosing performance issues in the App. If your app doesn't exceed 100 objects, you can use the free trial version, otherwise the subscription is very affordable. If you need help with it, please contact me directly. This is one of the expert services that I provide.

Check out my Performance Optimization session at the Masters Summit for Qlik - you will learn more advanced techniques for performance tuning. 

Cheers,

felicegrandinetti
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks a lot for your help.

We solved the problem using the Straight Table instead of a normal Table

Best regards