Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salleninsd
Creator
Creator

Trying to create a filter for 2 variables

Hello,

I created 2 variables using set analysis for Actual Revenue and Adjusted Revenue (i.e vRevenueActual & vRevenueAdj).  I want to be able to filter or toggle between the 2, and I'm not sure how to write/build that into a filter.

Any thoughts are most appreciated.  Thank you, Scott

PS: To add to the question, I am using the variables within a measure, so I can change the measure between the 2.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Sayed_Mannan
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You can create a filter in Qlik Sense using a list box with your two variables vRevenueActual and vRevenueAdj. Here's how you can do it:

1. Create a new inline table with the names of your two variables. You can do this in the data load editor:

LOAD * INLINE [
RevenueType
vRevenueActual
vRevenueAdj
];

2. Add a list box to your sheet and use RevenueType as the dimension.

3. In your measure, use a conditional statement to switch between the two variables based on the selected value in the list box. Here's an example:

if(RevenueType = 'vRevenueActual', $(vRevenueActual), $(vRevenueAdj))

This will change the measure based on the selected value in the RevenueType list box.

Remember to replace vRevenueActual and vRevenueAdj with the actual expressions you're using for these variables.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

salleninsd
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Sayed,

Sorry for the delayed response.  I was able to figure out the best way to create this variable, and it works just fine.  I just wanted to send a quick note to thank you for your response :).

Take good care,

Scott