Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rb_cvogt
Contributor
Contributor

UTF Format of CSV import has changed

Good day,

I am still relatively new in the Qlik community. Therefore I have a question for you. Some time ago I have connected a csv export. Since this month this import does not work anymore, because one column name has changed due to a change of the UTF format. Is there any way to make column name variable on import or change the UTF format in the load command from a certain date on?

The column content is and remains the same, only the column name has changed due to the changed UTF format.

Thanks ahead

Carsten

Labels (3)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Take a look on the ALIAS statement which provides a possibility to place a renaming before the load.

Quite practically is further just to store the new data-structure within a different folder and using a second load-statement for it. Yes, it creates some redundancy in the script but it keeps the logic simple.

Otherwise you would need some extra steps to identify the different structures per filename/filetime and/or pre-loading the header respectively first records to check which data exists and then to switch between various load-statements and/or to build one on-the-fly. It's no big magic but it increased the complexity and therefore it needs to be balanced which way is more expedient for you.