Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatiasJR
Contributor
Contributor

Use selected fields from one app in another app

Hello guys, i'm having some difficults with my QS app

I work in a large company, where I manage one app that uses information from other areas of the company (Marketing, Research, Human Resources, etc). Normally,  the data I need from theses areas are given to me in an excel table, or i get it from a system/DB. 

The thing is: the Marketing team now have their own QS app, and with a bit of tinkering in this app (if I make some selections and select a few tables) I can export the data i need from my own app. However, I'd like to this this automatically. How can i do this?

I was thinking that the best way would be to create an script that generates a weekly qvd from their app, and import this qvd in my app, but i don't properly know how to to this. My questions are:

1 - Would this be feasible? Can i create a qvd from a app that gives me data after applying filters in their app? If so, how?

2- Is this the best approach to this situation? Maybe there's another way to get the data from their app that i don't know about.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Yes, you can create QVD by using STORE command in their app in the script, but you cannot do that after applying filters. Somehow you need to filter data using where clause in the script.

One other way is to binary load marketing app in your app and then delete unnecessary tables in your script or use where clause with resident load to reduce data in the script.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegularSt...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Digvijay_Singh

Yes, you can create QVD by using STORE command in their app in the script, but you cannot do that after applying filters. Somehow you need to filter data using where clause in the script.

One other way is to binary load marketing app in your app and then delete unnecessary tables in your script or use where clause with resident load to reduce data in the script.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegularSt...