Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz
Contributor II
Contributor II

Using a new created field within an If statement - "Field Not Found" Error Message

Hello, 

I'm loading an excel sheet into Qlik. However, I created new columns using the data load editor and I'm trying  to use these new columns in certain if statements. As I try to load the data, I get an error message saying that those fields are not found. The fields which are not found are [DM] and [YEAR]. Seems like an easy task but I'm new to Qlik. Would appreciate your help. Below is the script: 

LOAD
[PT_AGE],
[DOS],
[TYPE1],
[TYPE2],
[YR_DIFF],
Date([TSH_DATE] ) AS [TSH_DATE],
Date([MICROALBUMIN_DATE] ) AS [MICROALBUMIN_DATE],
Date([LIPID_DATE] ) AS [LIPID_DATE],

Year([DOS]) - Year ([LIPID_DATE]) AS [YEAR],
    If(([TYPE1] = 1 and [TYPE2] = 0) or ([TYPE1] = 1 and [TYPE2] = 1), 1, 0) AS [DM],

If([DM] = 1 and [PT_AGE] >= 11 and [YR_DIFF] > 5 and [MICROALBUMIN_DATE] <> 'NULL', 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Microalb_Comp_Type1],
    If([TYPE2] = 1 and [MICROALBUMIN_DATE] <> 'NULL', 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Microalb_Comp_Type2],

If([DM] = 1 and [TSH_DATE] <> 'NULL','Compliant','Overdue') AS [TSH_Comp_Type1],

If([DM] = 1 and [PT_AGE] >= 11 and [LIPID_DATE] <> 'NULL', 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Lipid_Comp_Type1],
  If([TYPE2] = 1 and [LIPID_DATE] <> 'NULL' and [YEAR] <= 1 , 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Lipid_Comp_Type2]

FROM [lib://AttachedFiles/C31_Youssef_09212023_v2.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);
Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

Try with preceeding load, because we can't use the new field column in the same load.

Load *,

If([DM] = 1 and [PT_AGE] >= 11 and [YR_DIFF] > 5 and [MICROALBUMIN_DATE] <> 'NULL', 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Microalb_Comp_Type1],
    If([TYPE2] = 1 and [MICROALBUMIN_DATE] <> 'NULL', 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Microalb_Comp_Type2],

If([DM] = 1 and [TSH_DATE] <> 'NULL','Compliant','Overdue') AS [TSH_Comp_Type1],

If([DM] = 1 and [PT_AGE] >= 11 and [LIPID_DATE] <> 'NULL', 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Lipid_Comp_Type1],
  If([TYPE2] = 1 and [LIPID_DATE] <> 'NULL' and [YEAR] <= 1 , 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Lipid_Comp_Type2];

LOAD
[PT_AGE],
[DOS],
[TYPE1],
[TYPE2],
[YR_DIFF],

If(([TYPE1] = 1 and [TYPE2] = 0) or ([TYPE1] = 1 and [TYPE2] = 1), 1, 0) AS [DM]

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Try with preceeding load, because we can't use the new field column in the same load.

Load *,

If([TYPE2] = 1 and [LIPID_DATE] <> 'NULL' and [YEAR] <= 1 , 'Compliant', 'Overdue') AS [Lipid_Comp_Type2];

LOAD
[PT_AGE],
[DOS],
[TYPE1],
[TYPE2],
[YR_DIFF],

If(([TYPE1] = 1 and [TYPE2] = 0) or ([TYPE1] = 1 and [TYPE2] = 1), 1, 0) AS [DM]

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
qlikwiz
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much!!!