Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_kesselhei
Contributor III
Contributor III

Virtual Proxy Auth with nginx not working

Hi,

We need to make 28 apps accessible to 28 users who don't have the possibility to login with their username and password.

The devices that are supposed to show the apps are TVs which have a basic browser and no keyboard or mouse.

I set up a virtual proxy and using the extention ModHeader everything is working as expected. The issue is with the reverse proxy (nginx, in this case).

server {
        listen 80 default_server;
        listen 443 ssl;
        root /config/www;
        index index.html index.htm index.php;
        server_name _;
        ssl_certificate /config/keys/cert.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/cert.key;
        client_max_body_size 0;
        location / {
                try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html /index.php?$args =404;
        }
        location ~ \.php$ {
                fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
                fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
                fastcgi_index index.php;
                include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;

}
location /bio {
    access_log /config/log/nginx/upstream.log upstreamlog;
    resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
    proxy_set_header hdr-sense myuser;
    proxy_pass http://myqlikserver/myprefix/hub;

}
}

When connecting to the reverse proxy I get HTTP 401 not authorized. From what I could gather in the forums the browser extension modHeader works because it sends the header hdr-sense in every request. 

How can I convince nginx to do the same?

Thanks.

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@david_kesselhei  found a prior post, but I am not sure whether it is going to fit your situation or not, but I figured it was worth a look just in case.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-SSO-behind-NGINX-reverse-proxy/m-p/144573...

What you may want to do is go back to the place you got the extension and put up or check posts there to see if anyone has already asked things there, as that may be the better place in this case.  Since you are using Extension, you may want to change the forum too to the more specific one related to extensions and APIs rather than New to Qlik Sense...  Sorry I do not have anything better for you, not sure if browser Dev Tools and network trace may show you something or not, but that may be worth a shot too in that it might let you see something a little more detailed.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.