Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

allowing users to create their own visualizations

Posting in the new forum despite 10+ years using Qlik...

We have developed hundreds of dashboards over the years and the most common request is, "how do I download the data to Excel?" - I know that's a common thing people roll their eyes over, but it is reality. I do it myself. But I wanted to attempt to bring some of our business users over, especially for the most common scenario which is to build a pivot table. They could totally do that in Qlik with a little guidance, maybe faster than the right-click through like 5 or six screens it now takes. There must be such guidance; can someone share a link to a video tutorial or something? "You can do your pivot table in Qlik without downloading to Excel!" would be ideal. --but the audience is Excel users, not developers or anyone who has ever edited a sheet.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If users not able to navigate with many steps, Perhaps use extensions (Ex, LogiExport Qlik Sense extension - Excel export solution (logsys.co.il)) and one hit button it will download the report.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yes, that is a nice feature, but I want them to start using Qlik instead of making more spreadsheets. We have users who use qlik to download to excel, then they build a dashboard in excel and come back to us to distribute that dashboard with nprinting. Then...people complain too many emails, just use Qlik! But the Qlik dashboard is just a table! So new IT project to convert the analyst's excel spreadsheet into a Qlik dashboard...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

haha, This case you can show more power what is Qlik and how users can use (More important is that Qlik is very familiar to your users and flexible than Excel). If they use Excel for reports and want to distribute with Qlik to recipients, I would suggest them to use self-service tools. 

You can enable via security rules to build their own dashboard in Qlik (Hope you have good governance how users can create dashboards). 

With that, If they already know using Qlik and creating a dashboard you can enable self service options for them to use it. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful