Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabrielN
Contributor
Contributor

bar chart - Show only dimensions (bars) that do not include filter selection

Hi everyone, I am quite new to Qlik Sense so I assume my problem is quite basic.

I have a bar chart (see photo attached) Bild1.jpg

- dimensions are Checklist parameters - called "category" in my syntax

- measure is count(database) that basically counts the number of different checklists - each color stands for a specific checklist - that includes the parameter

Via a filter - applied on "database" - I want to select a checklist and show in the bar chart only checklist parameter that are not included in that specific checklist.

In my understanding I need to put in the field of the dimension something like = {1-$<database}category but I am pretty lost here. Thanks for you help

5 Replies
OmarBenSalem

You could use the e() :

See this and replicate it to ur need:

Dimension : MonthYear, Type

Measure:if(GetSelectedCount(MonthYear)=0,Count(Type),
Count({<MonthYear=e(MonthYear)>}Type))

Result:

If I don't select any Month:

Capture.PNG

Now, if I select Oct 2048, it'll disappear:

Capture.PNG

Same thing if u select more then one month:

Capture.PNG

GabrielN
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the fast and helpful reply! Now the only difference to your example: (Using you syntax) I don't select the MonthYear but the Type in the filter. Now I want the every MonthYear to disappear if the count of the selected type = 1 --> something like if I select "Delay" in the filter all the "MonthYear"s with delay should disappear in my chart. I only want to see the ones that do not have a delay How can I do that?
OmarBenSalem

Have u tried:

Count({<Type=e(Type)>}Type))

OmarBenSalem

Example:

Dim;:

ID, Value

Measure:

if(GetSelectedCount(Value)=0,Count(Value),
Count({<Value=e(Value)>}Value))

No selection: Capture.PNG

Select A:

Capture.PNG

Select  B:

Capture.PNG

GabrielN
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That is about how far I got with the help of your first post. However, I need one step further. I also want to hide ID={'1'} if I select type "A" (or in that particular example also "B"). In my real life I have lets say more types C,D, E & F. and if I select "A" I want to hide all ID bars that include it
e.g.

ID 1 - A, B, C, E  --> hide
ID 2 - B, C, E, F --> show
ID 3 - B --> show
ID 4 -  A --> hide
ID 5 - A, B --> hide

Do you have an idea? Thanks