Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erric3210
Creator
Creator

check if Selected Year value exists in last 2 field value - Include/Exclude Rows

Hi All,

I've a below requirement.
Sharing sample data.

LOAD * INLINE [
Area, Product, Financial year, Order
New York, AA, 2020, 1
New York, AA, 2021, 2
New York, BB, 2022, 3
New York, CC, 2023, 4
Chicago, DD, 2021, 1
Chicago, EE, 2022, 2
Chicago, FF, 2023, 3
];

Requirement:

//**** When someone selects Area Field = 'New York'

When someone selects on 'New York' Area and selects [Financial year] '2020' then it should hide that row
Reason: It's the first value of the selected Area ('New York')
(Need to compare current selected value with last 3 year values for the selected Area i.e. 'New York')

When someone selects on 'New York' Area and selects [Financial year] '2021' then it should hide that row
Reason: There is no change in the current selected value and previous year Product value
(Need to compare current selected value with last 3 year values for the selected Area i.e. 'New York')

When someone selects on 'New York' Area and selects [Financial year] ' 2022' then it should only display that row
Reason: There is a change in the current selected value and previous year Product values

When someone selects on 'New York' Area and selects [Financial year] '2023' then it should only display that row
Reason: There is a change in the current selected value and previous year Product values

//**** When someone selects Area Field = 'Chicago'

When someone selects on 'Chicago' Area and selects [Financial year] '2021' then it should hide that row
Reason: It's the first value of the selected Area field ('Chicago')
(Need to compare current selected value with last 3 year values for the selected Area i.e. 'Chicago')

When someone selects on 'Chicago' Area and selects [Financial year] '2022' then it should only display that row
(Need to compare current selected value with last 3 year values for the selected Area i.e. 'Chicago')

When someone selects on 'Chicago' Area and selects [Financial year] '2023' then it should only display that row

I've tried IF expression in Text Box but it is lengthy. I need to try it with Set Analysis using P() And E()

Here is the Expression, I've tried:

=IF(
(LEN(CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year])-1)','$(=Max([Financial year])-2)','$(=Max([Financial year])-3)'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', '))=0)
OR
(CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year]))'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', ')=
CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year])-1)','$(=Max([Financial year])-2)','$(=Max([Financial year])-3)'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', ')),'Old',

IF(
(MATCH(
CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year]))'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', '),
CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year])-1)','$(=Max([Financial year])-2)','$(=Max([Financial year])-3)'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', ')))
OR
(NOT MATCH(
CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year]))'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', '),
CONCAT({<[Financial year]={'$(=Max([Financial year])-1)','$(=Max([Financial year])-2)','$(=Max([Financial year])-3)'}>} DISTINCT CHR(39)&Product&CHR(39),', '))),'New'))

It's giving right result in Text Box but wrong Result when using it in Chart

Need your help in tweaking the expression to Set Analysis Expression

Regards,
Eric

Labels (5)
0 Replies