Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

creation of backward data field

Hi Folks,

i have a issue and it does look like:

DataField, Amount

05.06.2019, 100

I want to ask, is that possible to create the backwards datafield, my expected Output is:

Month, Amount

Jan, 0

Feb, 0

Mar, 0

Apr, 0

Mai, 0

Jun, 100

Jul,  100,

Aug, 100

Does anybody have any idea how to resolve this issue? Thanks a lot in advance

Beck

Labels (1)
3 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

You can get the month out of a date by wrapping it in Month() like this:
Month(DataField) as MonthName //I'd avoid the reserved term "Month" for a field name

If QS isn't recognizing your field as a date you have to tell Qlik Sense the format of your date field using Date# (or setting your date format in the beginning of your load) like this:
Month(Date#(DataField,'DD.MM.YYYY'))

Data Load example:

image.png

Result:

image.png

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master
Author

Hi Andoryuu,

first of all thanks a lot for your time and help, i got a question: how can i make it possible to create the backwards datafield by using of your suggestion. i tried but i didn't achieve any results.

Thanks a lot

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

@beck_bakytbek  Can you post your app?  The screenshot I have above is a sample app where I took your fields and data from above and used the calculation Month(Date#(DataField,'DD.MM.YYYY')) to generate the output you described.  If you aren't able to simply plug that into your app I'm not sure what is going wrong and you'll need to provide your app or at the very least some screenshots of the error you are receiving and copy of your data load script.