Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaraAbdulah
Contributor II
Contributor II

data connection

hello , I have tow Questions: first the list of data source connectors doesn't show, how can we fix that issue ? then should I have an access to the google API to connect with google analytics??

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @SaraAbdulah ,

Did that fix your issue?

I might have misunderstood you. I understood that created data connections are not showing. Did you mean data sources (Connectors) are now showing, similar to this https://community.qlik.com/t5/Connectivity-Data-Prep/Missing-connector-in-Data-Source/td-p/1667391 ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @SaraAbdulah ,

Do you mean the created connection do not show in the data load editor when you are trying to develop in the application?

Yes, you should fill in the details and authenticate to be able to connect to google analytics.

SaraAbdulah
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I cant find the list of data source connection from data load editor or data manager 

HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This is related to access most likely. The user you are logged in with, is it a RootAdmin? Are you sure it has access to the data connections?

You have to go to the QMC and edit/create a security rule that allows access to the Data Connection.

Maybe the fastest steps are:

1. Open QMC > Data Connections > Select Data Connection of interest.
  2. Click from the right panel Security Rules.
  3. If there is a rule that its name is Security rule for access to "<ConnectionName>" , then edit it and add the Qlik user.
    HeshamKhja1_0-1698659626943.png
  4. If the rule is not there, then create a new one and add the Qlik User.
  5. You might need to log out and close the browser or even restart the Qlik Engine Service for the change to take place.
HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @SaraAbdulah ,

Did that fix your issue?

I might have misunderstood you. I understood that created data connections are not showing. Did you mean data sources (Connectors) are now showing, similar to this https://community.qlik.com/t5/Connectivity-Data-Prep/Missing-connector-in-Data-Source/td-p/1667391 ?