Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III

get max data count of records

Hi Community,

I have 3 columns Name, Type and ID

Simple count I have to show which is working fine as below.

paulwalker_0-1699437872543.png

Created composite key like Name&'-'&Type and my expression aggregated based on Name.

below values are correct, but have to show Type value should be maximum count data.

Here first record is correct ABC-A, but second record should be BCA-D because the value of D is greater than C

paulwalker_1-1699438063241.png

Output should be

paulwalker_2-1699438330128.png

@tresesco@MayilVahanan,  @Kushal_Chawda@marcus_sommer@stevedark, @sunny_talwar  and experts can you please help

Thanks in Advance !

Labels (3)
11 Replies
paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can anyone help on this ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this? Sorry* I don't have Qlik view.

Dimension : =Name&'-'& Aggr(FirstSortedValue(Type, -Aggr(Max(Count), Type)), Name)

Expression: Sum(Count)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This works except for Anil's Field being aggregated, should read:

Dimension : =Name&'-'& Aggr(FirstSortedValue(Type, -Aggr(Max(ID), Type)), Name)

paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for replay, below is my test data.

is there any possibility expression level ? (ID value I have alphanumeric so Max it won't work)

Test:
LOAD *, Name&'-'&Type as Name_Type;
LOAD * INLINE [
Name, Type, ID
ABC, B, 100B
ABC, A, 100A
ABC, A, 100A1
ABC, A, 100A2
ABC, A, 100A3
ABC, A, 100A4
ABC, A, 100A5
ABC, A, 100A6
ABC, A, 100A7
BCA, C, 100C1
BCA, C, 100C2
BCA, D, 100D1
BCA, D, 100D2
BCA, D, 100D3
BCA, D, 100D4
BCA, D, 100D5
];

paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Experts, Could you please help me on this !

marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear what do you want to do and what should be the expected result? What's the aim?

Why merging Name and Type to show the only the ones with the highest count - but then counting all ID's against it? That the real ID isn't numeric is not mandatory a big challenge because with functions like maxstring() you could also get these values and/or only certain parts of the string might be considered - but it needs a clear and consistent logic. 

paulwalker
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for reply Marcus.

Users requirement, have to combine Name and Type.

Second chart is correct which is the count, but we have to append Type (Which is the highest value of Type) 

For ABC name Type A value is high 8, so record should be ABC-A and Count should be 9 

paulwalker_0-1699514907394.png

Final output is 

paulwalker_1-1699515137028.png

Hope you are clear.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What is the outcome you expect from given data?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

I think I wouldn't create a calculated dimension else displaying it only on an expression-level because the calculated dimension wouldn't really simplify the expressions and IMO the expressions would show the results in a more logical manner - maybe in this way:

marcus_sommer_0-1699520539118.png