Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

help with if statement in script variables

Hi, I just wanted you to see what I have come up with this script bit. As you can see from my notes, I want to load the max timestamp in my data then compare it to now timestamp and  load the data according to this vDate IF statement I did.

Max_Date:

Load timestamp(max(DayStart([date timestamp])), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss.ffffff') as MaxDate //with this i want to load the max date timestamp in my dataset with 00:00:00.00000 timestamp
from [$(vPathQVD)Sales.qvd] (qvd);

let vNow = Now(); // with this i want to get today's timestamp

Let vCorrectDate=If(MaxDate<vNow, date(floor(MaxDate-1)), date(floor(MaxDate)));  // with this i want to compare timestamp MaxDate with Now() timestamp and if maxDate<vNow holds, then return me the previous of the MaxDate floored, else floored MaxDate

sales:
LOAD
"ID product",
"amount sold",
"availability"
"date timestamp"
FROM [$(vPathQVD)Sales.qvd]
(qvd)
where Date(Floor("date timestamp"),'DD/MM/YYYY') <='$(vDate)';  //so as to load data according to vCorrectDate

Is my thinking correct? Do you see any mistakes? Should I add something else?

Thank you in advance.

10 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi @ioannagr 

Fyip: Comparing number format is very effective & flexible when compare to date / timestamp format..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.