Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how do I build a stacked bar chart

I can build a stacked bar chart - but it always displays the wrong data - so I am missing something.

I have:

Choices - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (dimensions)

FirstChoice - 1,1,1,2,5 (Measure)

SecondChoice - 1,2,2,4,3 (Measure)

I want the stacked bars to show how a count of how many times each number is chosen as first and second choice.

First and second choices should be stacked on top of each other for a given choice value.

I have defined the measures as:

Count(FirstChoice) and Count(SecondChoice)

What happens is that the chart shows 9 bars (labelled 1-9) - with the two stacked blocks having a value of 3 in the first bar. ie 3 + 3 for choice value '1'.

This is wrong.

It should be 3 + 1 for dimension value 1.

It seems that every bar is showing the same value from FirstChoice - twice.

What am I missing?

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It seems your data is not loaded in the correct form. Could you show us the load script for the data?

Not applicable
Author

I am really at the beginning here - lots of DB experience but no Qlik experience. How to I get the load script - is that what is auto generated in the data load editor?

deepali_more
Creator
Creator

can u paste ur qvf file here..may be i can help u seeing the file...Or u check with the data ..it has very lil difference n that d reason u might think it is repeating values.

Not applicable
Author

heres the qvf.

I have made two bar graphs from the data. The first one has one dimension and one measure  - and shows the correct values.

The second one has one dimension and three measures stacked - but each measure is the same value repeated...rather than the correct count of values from the data file.

I know I am missing something obvious in the data schema but Ic ant work it out.

Thanks for taking a look.

deepali_more
Creator
Creator

Add noconcatenate to data load...and see if it is wokring..Just a sggestion no idea if it will work

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Al,

check this: QlikView | Stacked Bar Chart - YouTube

i hope that helps

beck

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Use value list in your dimension and write if condition using value list in measurement. i hope you will get your output.

thanks.