Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how do display all possible dimension after selection

Hi all,

I am working on a chart that present phone brand as dimension and brand share among users as measures.

I want to have the following features

1. only report brand where at least two users are using it
  2. use GetSelectCount(month_id) to indicate whether there is a selection of month_id
  3. if no month_id is selected, display the latest month data
  4. if one month_id is selected, display the data for selected month (only one month will be selected)
  5. when one brand selection is made, instead of presenting the selection with share 100%, display all other possible brand dimension

for the fourth point, for example. If I select brand Samsung, instead of only presenting Samsung with measure = 100%.

It would be like this.

Samsung     100%

Apple          66%

Reason for the shares above is that all three users in month_id = 1 users Samsung. And two of them also has Apple. Brand Blackberry is not showing because it only has one user.

My expression:

Aggr(

If(

Count( DISTINCT

{1<user= P({$<month_id = $(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month_id) = 0,'{$(=Max(month_id))}','P({$} month_id)')) >}) >}                          user) > 1,

brand),

brand)

month_iduserbrand
1AApple
1ASamsung
1BSamsung
1BBalckberry
1CSamsung
1CApple

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would be easier to work on possible solutions if you could upload a small sample QVF.

It's also not 100% clear if you want to count the users per brand (constraint 1.) for the respective month range defined in 2.-4. or across the entire data set.

Hence, it would be good to add some sample selections and expected results.

I've come up with a set expression like

{<

brand = p({<user = p(),brand>}brand)

{"=Count(DISTINCT {1<month_id =

$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month_id) = 0,'{$(=Max(month_id))}','P({$} month_id)'))  >} user) > 1"}

,month_id =

$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month_id) = 0,'{$(=Max(month_id))}','P({$} month_id)'))

>}

and used this set expression in all aggregation functions.

Dimension would be just brand.

See attached a sample (left bar chart with suggested solution, right bar chart using the set expression in a calculated dimension, to demonstrate potential differences).

2016-05-19 00_47_51-.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It would be easier to work on possible solutions if you could upload a small sample QVF.

It's also not 100% clear if you want to count the users per brand (constraint 1.) for the respective month range defined in 2.-4. or across the entire data set.

Hence, it would be good to add some sample selections and expected results.

I've come up with a set expression like

{<

brand = p({<user = p(),brand>}brand)

{"=Count(DISTINCT {1<month_id =

$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month_id) = 0,'{$(=Max(month_id))}','P({$} month_id)'))  >} user) > 1"}

,month_id =

$(=IF(GetSelectedCount(month_id) = 0,'{$(=Max(month_id))}','P({$} month_id)'))

>}

and used this set expression in all aggregation functions.

Dimension would be just brand.

See attached a sample (left bar chart with suggested solution, right bar chart using the set expression in a calculated dimension, to demonstrate potential differences).

2016-05-19 00_47_51-.png

Not applicable
Author

Hey

Thanks again.

This is very helpful