Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalai123
Contributor
Contributor

how to convert number format to date format..

my data have sold on date in number format, i want to change data number format to date format..Screenshot (133).png

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Date(sold_on)

rubenmarin

Hi, you only need to use the Timestamp() function

Timestamp(42654.57361) -> 11/10/2016 13:45 (in DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm format)

To keep only the date you can use Date() in mix with Floor() to remove the decimals:

Date(Floor(42654.57361)) -> 11/10/2016

If you don't use Floor you will end with different dates shown as 11/10/2016 but inf act they will be different values because of the time part.

kalai123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

k, but i use this script 

Date(Floor(sold_on)) 

it gives null values..

help me in script...

Or
MVP
MVP

Are you sure it's a number rather than text? You should be able to confirm this by switching the type to Date in Excel. If it switches correctly, it's presumably a number.

If it's text, you should be able to use num#(sold_on) to force it to be parsed as a number, and then apply whichever additional functions from there.

rubenmarin

Also it may be a number in excel but is loaded as a text in Qlik, you can check this adding the value to a filter or a table, if it's left aligned it means that it is being loaded as a text.

As @Or  posted, in that case you also need to use the num#() function to force to be loaded as a number.