Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abhishekb
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to extract data from qlik sheet and store that in load editor in qlik view.

Hey Community,

I got this problem while extracting data from Qlik view desktop sheet to load editor.

I need to extract integer and month from sheet as input and use it in load editor for further process in load editor.

Kindly help me with the solution.

Advance thanks for reaching out this question and helping.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Abhishekb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Community,

We can extract the sheet details from input box in QlikView by following steps.

Step 1: Create a variable in vData in load editor.

Step 2: Go to sheet -> create input box -> right click -> properties -> in General, select variable(vData)  -> Apply -> Ok.

Step 3: In sheet, Go to settings -> variable overview -> select vData -> Ok.

Step 4: Now store that variable(vData) in any variable and use in load editor.

This is how I extracted input data from sheet to load editor in QlikView.

Thank you,

Abhishekb

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm afraid I don't quite follow. It sounds like you're doing things the wrong way around - you are supposed to load data in the load editor and then use it in your sheets. QV Sheets aren't data sources.

Abhishekb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think you didn't understand requirements, kindly see the requirements again.

Or
MVP
MVP

I think you didn't make your requirements clear. Perhaps you'd like to better explain what exactly it is that you're trying to do and why? As mentioned in my previous source, Qlik sheets are not a data source for the load editor, which is what you seem to be after:

"I got this problem while extracting data from Qlik view desktop sheet to load editor."

Abhishekb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Kindly check out with this, 

"I need to extract integer and month from sheet as input and use it in load editor for further process in load editor."

Edwin_Flores
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Your sheet uses data from your data model, and your data model is built using load editor. If you want to create further transformation steps in your load editor, you need to figure out the tables and fields the sheet is using. As OR said, you cannot extract data from a sheet. That data is in your data model, not your sheets.

You need an integer and a month. Like Order 1 and October, Order 2 and October? Or do you mean you need 10 October? 

Can you explain what you are trying to do? Are you trying to dispay something to the end user? Or are you trying to aggregrate in the back end? Are you iterating over the table to make more fields? Are you pivoting with Crosstable()?

Without further information, it sounds like you're approaching this from the wrong direction. I would rethink the strategy.

Abhishekb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Community,

We can extract the sheet details from input box in QlikView by following steps.

Step 1: Create a variable in vData in load editor.

Step 2: Go to sheet -> create input box -> right click -> properties -> in General, select variable(vData)  -> Apply -> Ok.

Step 3: In sheet, Go to settings -> variable overview -> select vData -> Ok.

Step 4: Now store that variable(vData) in any variable and use in load editor.

This is how I extracted input data from sheet to load editor in QlikView.

Thank you,

Abhishekb

Abhishekb
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Edwin_Flores ,

Thanks for replying. I was trying to Extract data from user and load that in load editor.

I finded out the solution for that. Kindly check the Solution I submitted.

Thank you,

Abhishekb

kitakoman
Contributor
Contributor

I have done this before as well and I understood your requirements from the original post. I think the other respondents failed to understand you were providing users the ability to supply an input value which you were then grabbing to use in the data load.

Are you having the dashboard reload automatically after the user inputs a value, or providing a reload button or some other mechanism to kick start the reload? I don't believe the dashboard would retain a value input into an input box after a user exits and retain that for the next time a scheduled reload occurs would it?