Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III

how to ignore the selection of one dimension in a multiple set analysis

Dear All,

I have an set analysis calculation like below in a table,  and i want to disregard the selection of the dimension of fiscal year in this case.  and i had tried in different ways like below but it didn't work, can you help??

Sum({<[Order Type]={'Y470','Y471'},DateType={'Order'},Order_Material_Pricing_Group_Text={'Lab machines', 'machines', 'Mills'}, [Material Number]-={'NSCMACHINE', 'NSCTANK'}>} Aggr(Order_Item_Quantity,[Order No.],[Item Number]))

Trial 1:

Sum({<[Order Type]={'Y470','Y471'},DateType={'Order'},FiscalYear=,Order_Material_Pricing_Group_Text={'Lab machines', 'machines', 'Mills'}, [Material Number]-={'NSCMACHINE', 'NSCTANK'}>} Aggr(Order_Item_Quantity,[Order No.],[Item Number]))

Trial 2:

Sum({<[Order Type]={'Y470','Y471'},DateType={'Order'},Order_Material_Pricing_Group_Text={'Lab machines', 'machines', 'Mills'}, [Material Number]-={'NSCMACHINE', 'NSCTANK'}>} <Total FiscalYear=>,Aggr(Order_Item_Quantity,[Order No.],[Item Number]))

Labels (1)
11 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

As Jonty has said, you need to include the set analysis in your Aggr as well. Set analysis applies once to the set of data you have in a visualisation, but functions such as Aggr are effectively looping through your total set and thus the set analysis needs to be applied again.

What I meant was, if a selection has been applied to a field, that selection will likely have limited the available range of values for other fields. That's the way the associative model works. Once you select a value, such as a date, you now only have available in your result any records associated with that value. All the values associated with Year -1 for example, won't be available. So clearing just one field in your set analysis is rarely enough, typically you'll need to clear a whole range. It can be a bit of a trap.

Vince_CH
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@jonathandienst cool, it works, many thanks