Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to install qlik sense server for a website hosted on bluehost

Hi, there,

my website is hosted by bluehost. and i created a qlik sense app using sense desktop and want to embed it to my website.

as suggested by this post How to embed a Qlik Sense chart on your website, i need to install qlik sense server to use the Single configurator. the result is just like in Valentine’s Day app. (http://valentines.qlik.com/ ).

how can i get into bluehost and install qlik sense server and embed the qlik sense app?

FJ

2 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Lin,

Thanks for your questions and interest in Qlik Sense.

As you stated, in order to do something like this (using full apps and/or interactive charts etc), you would need to have a licensed version of Qlik Sense Enterprise Server or the Qlik Sense Analytics Platform (QAP) , running in your web environment as well, or accessible. I too have a Bluehost account, (Shared hosting) but it is just a simple blog running Linux. It does not give me an option to install applications in a Windows environment. You may want to look into using Amazon (AWS) - they offer a free (1 year) Free Cloud Services – AWS Free Tier subscription of a small Windows environment were you could install Windows applications on them.  I am not sure if Bluehost offers dedicated hosting like this.

Note that the the single interface as mentioned in the blog has been replaced by the Developer Hub, I included a video to it below.

If you don't have a licensed version of Qlik Sense Server - you can still play with Qlik Sense using Qlik Sense Cloud and embed SOME of your visualizations in a site, but this is not exactly like the Valentine's day app.

If you are still interested in how this may be achieved please take a look at these videos:

You may find this part interesting as you can embed individual charts from your apps that you upload to QLik Sense Cloud for free: Qlik Sense Cloud - Getting Started Webinar - YouTube see this link which jumps to it: Qlik Sense Cloud - Getting Started Webinar - YouTube - Qlik Sense Charts as we call it - allow you to get the embed code or link for a chart in your app and share that individually in a web site, tweet, social media etc.

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies CORRECT or HELPFUL so our team and other members know that there is a solution to this discussion thread and that you are satisfied with the resolution.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Mike.

I have tried Qlik Sense cloud and embeded one chart on my site. but it lost its interactivity. I guess there is no way I can do it like Tableau with Qlik.