Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III

how to select the maximum date by default after setting the filter to always select a value,Urgent

hi,

how to select the maximum date by default after setting the filter to always select a value?

The following picture shows that I sorted the date in descending order in the filter. I read the document and wrote: The Always one selected value defaults to the first entry in the field.
Then I applied to always choose a value that should be the maximum date as the default value, but the actual situation is not. The actual situation is that the minimum date is selected as the default value. What causes this?
How can the largest date be selected by default?
If anyone knows how to do it I would be very grateful!!!

Capture1.PNG

2.PNG

Labels (2)
9 Replies
cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But after I set the dynamic bookmark, I apply this Always select a value, the default selected date will not become the maximum date, the selection is the date before I set to always select a value😥

cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi,

It seems that the sorting I set in the filter does not affect the sorting of this field at the top. Why is this? I feel that setting only one value is to choose the first one, but how to sort it at the top . ?

this is the date value at the top:

3.PNG

this is the filed in the filter:

4.PNG

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sorry Cindy,
I can't understand what do you want to get exactly.
You set the "Always one selected" in a date field but you need to explore values for the maximum in this field?

You need to work with setanalysis in your calculations, not sorting the field to get the first one or the last. You can use the notation {1} to explore all your field content and hide the selection is on it.

So for example you can sum a value in this way:
=Sum({1<[REPORT DATE]={$(=MAX([REPORT DATE]))}>} ValueToSum)

..do I get your question?

M.Imperiale
cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

What I mean is to set the default value of the filter when the field is set to only one value can be selected. I want to set the default value to the maximum value of the date.

Kushal_Chawda

I don't know on which version you are for Qlik sense but from version Jun 2020 there is addition of sheet level actions available so when you go to particular sheet you can set the Date value to max(Date) as trigger. If you are not on latest version then upgrade to latest version or else look for Vizlib extensions

Marcoimp
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ok, then you can use the "Action" in Sheet property (but you need the Apr 2020 version).
You can set a field value when enter in the first sheet, doesn't metter if you have a "Select One Value Only" field.
If you can't use the  last Qlik Sense version, you can use the free and powerfull extension you find here:
https://developer.qlik.com/garden/598c6b041cfdc8bde4c49def

M.Imperiale
cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ok ,thanks for your help!!

cindy_user
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ok, thanks for your help!!