Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4T
Creator
Creator

listboxes and calculation

Hi. i have inphinity forms table called "SKILLS".

I takes from this all column names with listboxes loop (working well).

I need to do visualization (table). Where first column will show "COLUMN_NAME" from listboxes

and second column will be calculated AVG value from table "SKILLS" (source for listboxes).

Measure should find column in "SKILLS" table according COLUMN_NAME from list boxes.

Next step will be add employee and department according to "ID" column in table "SKILLS".

MT4T_0-1713618289623.png

Idk if this approach is the best solution maybe crosstable is better but I am wondering if such calculation is possible.

Below my data model:

MT4T_1-1713618654182.png

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I suggest to change the data-model because it's very cumbersome to handle crosstable-structures and much easier with an appropriate transforming: The Crosstable Load - Qlik Community - 1468083

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this 

=Avg({<COLUMN_NAME=>} Aggr(YourExpressionHere, COLUMN_NAME, ID, Employee, Department))

MT4T
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, thank you for response. It seems to be good direction.

I have modified expression (ID means ID of Employee so this is the same).

MT4T_0-1713693094679.png

There is one more thing which need to be adjusted.

I have no clue how i can replace "AVG(vEnglish) with values from "COLUMN_NAME". 

Actually each row should contain different reference. Which should be read form "COLUMN_NAME"

for example:

row 1 - fAccess

row 2 - fCalendar

row 3 - fData modeling

row 4 - fEnglish

MT4T_1-1713693188764.png

MT4T
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, thank you for response. It seems to be good direction.

I have modified expression (ID means ID of Employee so this is the same).

MT4T_0-1713693094679.png

There is one more thing which need to be adjusted.

I have no clue how i can replace "AVG(vEnglish) with values from "COLUMN_NAME". 

Actually each row should contain different reference. Which should be read form "COLUMN_NAME"

for example:

row 1 - fAccess

row 2 - fCalendar

row 3 - fData modeling

row 4 - fEnglish

MT4T_1-1713693188764.png

marcus_sommer

I suggest to change the data-model because it's very cumbersome to handle crosstable-structures and much easier with an appropriate transforming: The Crosstable Load - Qlik Community - 1468083