Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aruna1
Contributor
Contributor

qliksense task auto trigger

Is there a way to have qliksense start the extracts as soon as the source database has completed its update ie if a file is dropped into a folder and when that file is detected qliksense starts its reload

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Nicolae_Alecu
Creator
Creator

Hello, 

Not sure if you can do this without an work around.

1. Run task for extract app every 1 minute with an IF database complete = last database complete THEN exit script ELSE run code.
2. Run a task for a checker app every 1 minute with an IF  database complete = last database complete THEN Load from a (or a line of code to throw a fail error) ELSE Store new database time . And link extract app to this task when it run successfully. 

Best Regards,

MaximP
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, 

Another way to do that would be with a PowerShell script linked to Qlik API. The script would check for the file existence and then start the qliksense reload.

You can find some information on it there : Task Chaining with qlik-cli | Qlik Developer Portal

Tell me if it helped

Best regards 

Maxim

Aruna1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thanks, I will try to implement your suggestion.

Aruna1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

So I have to request the client to install qlik-Cli, as I don't have the permission to install anything on server.