Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhruva
Contributor
Contributor

qliksense

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the sheets in app in qliksense.

scenario: I have 6 sheets under app , in every sheet i created the six buttons on the top for navigation.so now i can see the 6 sheets in the app . is it possible to hide the sheets by keeping only one sheet in the app. 

if we place only one sheet under app so  by clicking on the main sheet , a user can go through all sheets with the buttons inside sheet. my problem is that i want to hide remaining sheets , i want to see only one sheet under the app is that possible in qliksense.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
rdelagarde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a solution to your problem but I don't know if it's the easiest.

See my example in attachment.

Create a variable (sheet1, sheet2...) for each sheet you want to hide and give the value 0 to each of them to initialize them to false.

In each sheet you want to hide, go to "sheet properties" and put the corresponding variable ($(sheet1) for sheet1, $(sheet2) for sheet2...) in the "show condition" field.

Now all your sheets are hidden and inaccessible.

In your navigation buttons in your main sheet, add the action "set a variable value". Select the right variable and give it the value 1 (for the button "Go to sheet 1", select the value "sheet 1"). Now, when you click on your button, you arrive on your sheet and it is temporarily active.

You can add on each sheet a "back" button that will redirect you to the main sheet. And that returns the value 0 to the variable in order to hide the sheet.

dhruva
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi ,

In the sheet properties , i don't have a option like conditional expression or show condition.

using nov 2020 version,

As you said earlier we have option like show/hide  by placing inthe comnditional expression we can achieve that but

now i don't have that option in qliksense.

See the Below Screen shots.

dhruva
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

My requirement is like 

for example:  i have 6 sheets A,B,C,D,E,F under  Test app.

so In Test app i want to see only one sheet i.e. A sheet and remaining sheets like B,C,D,E,F . i want to hide this all sheets in qliksense

In Everysheet i placed the 6 buttons for sheet navigation.

is it possible in qliksense ?????

MayilVahanan

Hi Dhruva,

Its possible in the latest version of the QS. Please update the version, you can able to see lot of new features in it.

MayilVahanan_0-1643277710523.png

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
dhruva
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi MVP,

you shared one screen shot i can see that show condition but it is not there in my qliksense,so which version of qliksense that???

MayilVahanan

Hi Dhruva

Screenshot is taken from Qlik Cloud.

If you are using enterprise, then try to upgrade on or after Qlik Apr 2021 version

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.