Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

qualify command and using qualified name

Hi all, 

I just  learned about qualify function, and i'm trying to adjust a kpi changing only the (first) qualified name of the field.

Let me explain better: I have two tables: "Mail" and "Devices". both table have a field called "LoadingData". I'm using qualify in the load, so actually the two fields names are "Mail.LoadindData" and "Devices.LoadingData"

(cannot use the loadingdata field as a key) 

Moreover I have another table: TablesAnag, containing the two values "Mail" and "Devices". I'm using this field for filter panel.

Now. I would like to show  in a KPI the loading data depending on the selected field in the TablesAnag-filter panel.

I was hoping for thee kpi expression to be something like

'Loading data is :'&[ GetFieldSelection(TablesAnag).LoadingData]

in this way, if I select Mail in TablesAnag, i get mail.loadingData, while if I select Devices, I get Devices.LoadingData.

ofc is not working.  🙂 what's the right exdpression? Or is there a better way to do so?

Thank you very much

Edit:

The point is starting with two, then keep on adding new ones. 

I'm expecting to have 35/40 tables at the end

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

GetFieldSelections(TablesAnag) shouldn't be enclosed in quotes - it's a function returning a string, not a string in itself.

View solution in original post

Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

right,

so I tried

[$(=GetFieldSelections(TablesAnag)).loadingData]

and it works 🙂 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Given that you have just two fields, this seems like it should be simple enough with an if() or pick(match()):

If(TablesAnag='Mail',GetFieldSelections(Mail.LoadindData),GetFieldSelections(Devices.LoadingData))

Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the note. The point is starting with two, then keep on adding new ones. 

I'm expecting to have 35/40 tables at the end

Or
MVP
MVP

Would have been good to lead off with that... 🙂

The general case should be:

GetFieldSelections($(='Field' & 'A')) // This gets the selections for FieldA

Replacing the inner parenthesis section with whatever formulas required to get your field name.

Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yep, I edited the main question 😅

I'm not getting something, the problem is to have the result of GetFieldSelection within the name of a filed,
so if I try 

"GetFieldSelections($(='TablesAnag' & '.loadingData'))" 

does not work (Error in expression).

If I try

"[$(='(GetFieldSelections(TablesAnag))'&.loadingData] "

gives me no scripting errors but doesn't work either (always null)

Or
MVP
MVP

GetFieldSelections(TablesAnag) shouldn't be enclosed in quotes - it's a function returning a string, not a string in itself.

Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

right,

so I tried

[$(=GetFieldSelections(TablesAnag)).loadingData]

and it works 🙂 

Thanks!