Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III

"if condition" scripts for page titles when it involves date

Hi,

I have a question about ‘if condition’ scripts when it involves date. Let me explain more about that.
The dashboard I am working on includes different data, each of which has a different time frame. For example, the data range for one data is from 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec 2019, while another data includes dates from 1 Feb 2019 to 31 Jul 2020. In the title of the page for each of the Apps related to each of these data I need to specify what time frame the data involves.

In other words, I need to tell the App if a specific variable exists (which means the date is related to specific dat), show the min & max date – something like:
if(Len(Trim([specificvariable]))>0, Date(MonthStart(Min(date)),'d MMM yyyy') & ' to ' & Date(Max(date),'d MMM yyyy')).
But it doesn’t work.

*I should add that I have included a master calendar in my dashboard and it works well.

@Michael_Tarallo kindly helped with my query and created a sample file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbxddr1190udpvd/AABzpg-ZpKIJ5Nah1d7S69E7a?dl=0

and an explanation about that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1xH9YWJr38&feature=youtu.be

However, I couldn’t download the .qvf file.

I am wondered if anyone has had the same problem and could be able to help.

Thank you,

Simin

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Simin - I attached the .qvf here - see if you can download?

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mike,

Thank you but I still couldn't download the file.

I should mention that I am not using Qlik sense desktop. Could the problem be related to that?

Regards,

Simin

simin_au
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Michael_Tarallo ,

Thank you but I still couldn't download the file.

I should mention that I am not using Qlik sense desktop. Could the problem be related to that?

Regards,

Simin

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Try this - I added it to a .zip

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik