Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieshshaikh
Contributor
Contributor

upgrade qlik sense enterprise 3.1 SR1 to qlik sense enterprise 2020.

We are planing to upgrade qlik sense enterprise 3.1 SR1 to qlik sense enterprise 2020. As per Qlik notes, first it needs to upgraded to qlik sense june 2017 and then to qlik sense 2020.  As part of this upgrade, repository database PostgreSQL will also be upgraded.  Current version is 9.3. Can I upgrade it to version as part of first upgrade or as per notes it needs to be upgraded to version 9.6. Please suggest. Please find the link below for upgrading to  qlik sense june 2017 from  qlik sense enterprise 3.1 SR1. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2020/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Changing the DB manually is ONLY if you had uninstalled Sense manually already, otherwise you should follow the steps as documented if Sense is still installed and the DB will update as part of the upgrade process/steps from what I can see in the documentation.  The other option here if you have doubts upon things would be to contact your account manager and arrange a call with the Services team to see about having them assist you with the upgrade, that may be the best way to go to ensure you have no issues, but the other key thing would be to ensure you have followed the backup procedures mentioned in the Help as well and if the servers are VMs, would also recommend doing snapshots on things in case you need to roll things back.  About the best I can offer here, if you have further questions, please leave and update post and others may also comment too, but I wanted to give you my thoughts based upon my read of the Help Doc.  

In rereading your post again, I would NOT recommend you manually upgrade the DB, let the installation process do that, as again, that step mentioning the upgrade of the DB directly is if you have already uninstalled the prior version of Sense, which it does not appear you have done, so I would stick to the Help Doc following guidance related to not having done the uninstall etc.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
danieshshaikh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

As per upgrade notes, setup.exe is not supported while upgrading from  3.1 SR2 to Qlik Sense June 2017.

Upgrading from any version of Qlik Sense earlier than 3.1 SR2 to Qlik Sense June 2017 or later cannot be done using the setup program.

Please suggest.