Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
employe4_2
Contributor III
Contributor III

use fieldName into varaiable definition

Hi 

I created an application wich load a huge amount of data and use some variable like  : vZone=Subfield(GetFieldSelections( fieldName), ',', 1); 

in order to keep the app fast and responsive i saw i should wright a mximum of calculation in the loading script. 

So i try to replace the variable i created from this window, to the loading script2020-02-07_09h06_37.png

But in the expression of my variable i use some fields that i load into the loading script. and when i try to define the variable, obviously the field name isn't recognize (because not load yet ?) and put the loading in error.

SO my question is: Is it worth it to create variables into loading script for a better responsive application?

And how do you define variable into the loading script wich use fields not yet loaded?

thanks for the help 

2 Replies
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Employe4_2,

What do you want to do? You have a large set with data. If I see your expression you want to filter the dataset so it's get smaller before you want to use the dashboard. Is this right? 

employe4_2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

the expression has nothing to do with my probleme. It's just that i use this expression to create a variable. this expression use a field that i load and i want to create the variable into the loading script using SET or LET i don't remember.

I just discovered tht the function GetFieldSelection() is only a chart function and not a script function... maybe that what's messing around.