Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohammadnabi
Contributor II
Contributor II

use the result of a variable in another vaiable

hello guys,

we have a measure called A, it contains different values for different month like below:

Jan 120K
Feb 203K
Mar 98K
May 53K

as you can see, the numbers are different in different month. the problem is, we should divide some other numbers, by these values.  we have a measure B, that it is same value like 340K, it should be divided by above numbers, as below:

Jan: 340/120=2.83

Feb: 340/203=1.67

Mar: 340/98=3.46

May: 340/53=6.41

the problem is, when we use a variable for measure A, it doesn't show the correct results, somehow, it doesn't change correctly.

so I decided to return the result of this variable into another variable, but that doesn't work either. so, i need something to return the value of that variable into another one. need the result to be exact.

also, the $ before the variable didn't help me a lot, as i tried it before

EDIT:

i need the variable, so that its results ( that is a measure) will dynamically change based on what month i choose

2 Replies
chaorenzhu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi sorry I didn't get it, why would you need a variable for a measure? Could you just directly divide the variable (340K) by measure A to get another measure?

mohammadnabi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

two reasons:

1. we have another measure, to be divided by that 340K variable called C

2. the results are not correct when we do that