Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

using string from GetFieldSelections as Field name

Hi all

I'm creating a custom report.  I have many fileds fields (Filed1, Field2, ..., Fileds20, and FilterFields)

The fields Field 1 .. 20 cointains names.

The filed "FilterField" contains the strings: "Filed1" and "Filed2"... "Fields20".  This field is used for selecting the fields to be shown in the table (see below)

Now I have a table, with 3 columns: Selected_Filed1, Selected_Filed2 and the third one that I'm asking help for. In this table there are always only two selected fields coming from the filter panel.

(Selected_Field1 & 2 are the two fields coming from "GetFieldSelections(FilterField)")

At this point, I would like to see if the values in the two selected fields are different. 

with "SubField(GetFieldSelections(FilterField), ',',2)" and "SubField(GetFieldSelections(FilterField), ',',1)" I got the two selected fields, but I cannot compare them

even with "=Only('['&(SubField(GetFieldSelections(FilterField), ',',1)) &']')" I cannot get the first selected field.

nor with 

=Only((SubField(GetFieldSelections(FilterField), ',',1)) )

How can I use the string coming from SubField(GetFieldSelections()) as a field name?

Thank you

Labels (4)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Try it with: [$(=SubField(GetFieldSelections(FilterField, ',', 20), ',',1))] as reference/call for a field.

- Marcus