Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

ankit777
Valued Contributor

Button to export to excel by Object ID

Hi All

I am looking for an extension object which can export an object to excel when provided with the object ID. Is there any extension object available with similar functionality?

Thanks

5 Replies
devarasu07
Honored Contributor II

Re: Button to export to excel by Object ID

Hi,

you can try this extension

GitHub - stefanwalther/sense-export: Just a simple button to export data in your Qlik Sense applicat...

also if u want to try similar export extension check this qlik branch portal

Qlik Branch

Thanks,
Deva

ankit777
Valued Contributor

Hi Deva

I have tried to use this extension, but it does not work for me. When I click on button, it keeps rotating the dice without any further outputs.

Please help!

Thanks

devarasu07
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I've tested Stephen extension and it's working fine. try to follow his installation and configuration steps (details refer below url)

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=2.56496238.479833587.1512956820-2115623746.1512525337#!/project/5788259...

FYI, also attached sample app,

after unzip place under below location then try to re-open your Sense desktop then try to add export button using this extension.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\SmartExport-master

Capture.JPG

ankit777
Valued Contributor

Hi Deva

Thanks for the response. This extension is working, at least I can see the export button. But where shall I put the object Id  of the object that I wish to export?

Thanks

Ankit

devarasu07
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

this extension there is no export using object ID/name concept. you have bare with the re-create /add master item option. export object field has to be re-created with in this extension (all the measures/dimension)

p.s you can try to create master dimension/measure item and  then u can easily add and maintain it.

Thanks,
Deva