Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robhagat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Load data from Zip folder

Hi,

I have a business requirement that everyday meter reads file are stored in a shared folder by our client in zipped format and using Qlik server we have to automate to load the data from the zipped folder itself without unzipping it.

Can you please let me know how do we load the data from zip folder in Qlik Sense?

Regards,

Romila.

4 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I have never done this and am not sure that you can.  Qlik Sense can point to a folder and use the files located in that folder.  But I don't know of any mechanism to unzip a file and then use it.

marcus_sommer

It needs to be done externally maybe triggerred from the load-script per Execute: Re: Unzip Files in a Folder to Destination folder. I'm not absolutely sure but I think you will need to enable the legacy mode for it: Qlik Sense Legacy mode.

- Marcus

robhagat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks marcus_sommer‌ but in my Qlik Sense Desktop that I am using my setting has value

[Settings 7]. In spite of changing the setting value to StandardReload=0 I am not sure how to use the legacy mode?

Can you please help me on this? How can I upload the excel sheet from the zipped folder if you can let me know will really be helpful.

marcus_sommer

Did you try the adapted Execute statement from the example above? At first you need to check if an Execute-Statement will be executed, maybe with the following:

SET vExe = 'c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe';

EXECUTE $(vExe) "D:\YourPath\AnyFile.txt";

If notepad will be opened the unzip should be work too.

- Marcus