Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sally3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pie chart Colors

Hi everyone,

How can I color the pie charts according to the dimensions?

I do have a pie chart contains 6 different dimensions of different cases, For Example: when the status is passed the color should be red and so on....?

Anyone can help me with that?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @Sally3! I don't fully get the part where you say that "[...] a pie chart contains 6 different dimensions".

Let me try to make an example. Let's say you have a dimension called "status" with different values in it, like "In process", "Completed", "Pending" etc. You can assign to each one of these values a specific color creating a Master Dimension.

In the example attached, I created a Master Dimension called "Master_Dim1" which contains the values 'A', 'B', 'C'.

I then assign a color to each of these values. Finally, when I create the pie chart with "Master_Dim1" as a dimension, I can have the colors I set automatically assigned to the values 'A', 'B', 'C' (sometimes in the pie chart you need to go to Appearance>Colors and legend>Colors and set it as "By Dimension").

Let me know if this was useful!

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @Sally3! If I got your request right, you may need to create master dimensions and assign colors to them. More info at this article.

Sally3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your answer

As you know Pie chart has one field for showing different dimensions, I believe specifying the colors should be in expressions area. 

Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @Sally3! I don't fully get the part where you say that "[...] a pie chart contains 6 different dimensions".

Let me try to make an example. Let's say you have a dimension called "status" with different values in it, like "In process", "Completed", "Pending" etc. You can assign to each one of these values a specific color creating a Master Dimension.

In the example attached, I created a Master Dimension called "Master_Dim1" which contains the values 'A', 'B', 'C'.

I then assign a color to each of these values. Finally, when I create the pie chart with "Master_Dim1" as a dimension, I can have the colors I set automatically assigned to the values 'A', 'B', 'C' (sometimes in the pie chart you need to go to Appearance>Colors and legend>Colors and set it as "By Dimension").

Let me know if this was useful!

Sally3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes, that is exactly what I want!

Thanks a lot 🙂