Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Problem with creating calendar measure. No date fields detected

I tried to create a calendar measure. But when I right click on to a field to create a calendar measure it says no date fields detected. I followed this step

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Measures/create-calendar-measure.htm 

But when I tried to pull in the field it is coming up as date but I am not able to create calendar measure.  Can some one help me out. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Found an answer for it. Thought, it might be useful for someone.

Calendar measures do not support calendars created using the Data load editor. If you use calendars created using Data load editor and want to create calendar measures, you must load a table containing a date field using Data manager for use with your tables loaded using Data load editor.

Create calendar measures ‒ Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly your "date" field is actually a text field.  If this is the case, use date#() function in the script to convert it to a valid date.

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Michael. Yes,I did it already. Now, the fields are showing up as date. But I am not able to create calendar with that.

santho_ak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Found an answer for it. Thought, it might be useful for someone.

Calendar measures do not support calendars created using the Data load editor. If you use calendars created using Data load editor and want to create calendar measures, you must load a table containing a date field using Data manager for use with your tables loaded using Data load editor.

Create calendar measures ‒ Qlik Sense

Tom_Roddis
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

You can also take the auto calendar that the Data Manager would create and add that to your script:

[autoCalendar]:
DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION Tagged ('$date')
FIELDS
Dual(Year($1), YearStart($1)) AS [Year] Tagged ('$axis', '$year'),
Dual('Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),Num(Ceil(NUM(Month($1))/3),00)) AS [Quarter] Tagged ('$quarter', '$cyclic'),
Dual(Year($1)&'-Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),QuarterStart($1)) AS [YearQuarter] Tagged ('$yearquarter', '$qualified'),
Dual('Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),QuarterStart($1)) AS [_YearQuarter] Tagged ('$yearquarter', '$hidden', '$simplified'),
Month($1) AS [Month] Tagged ('$month', '$cyclic'),
Dual(Year($1)&'-'&Month($1), monthstart($1)) AS [YearMonth] Tagged ('$axis', '$yearmonth', '$qualified'),
Dual(Month($1), monthstart($1)) AS [_YearMonth] Tagged ('$axis', '$yearmonth', '$simplified', '$hidden'),
Dual('W'&Num(Week($1),00), Num(Week($1),00)) AS [Week] Tagged ('$weeknumber', '$cyclic'),
Date(Floor($1)) AS [Date] Tagged ('$axis', '$date', '$qualified'),
Date(Floor($1), 'D') AS [_Date] Tagged ('$axis', '$date', '$hidden', '$simplified'),
If (DayNumberOfYear($1) <= DayNumberOfYear(Today()), 1, 0) AS [InYTD] ,
Year(Today())-Year($1) AS [YearsAgo] ,
If (DayNumberOfQuarter($1) <= DayNumberOfQuarter(Today()),1,0) AS [InQTD] ,
4*Year(Today())+Ceil(Month(Today())/3)-4*Year($1)-Ceil(Month($1)/3) AS [QuartersAgo] ,
Ceil(Month(Today())/3)-Ceil(Month($1)/3) AS [QuarterRelNo] ,
If(Day($1)<=Day(Today()),1,0) AS [InMTD] ,
12*Year(Today())+Month(Today())-12*Year($1)-Month($1) AS [MonthsAgo] ,
Month(Today())-Month($1) AS [MonthRelNo] ,
If(WeekDay($1)<=WeekDay(Today()),1,0) AS [InWTD] ,
(WeekStart(Today())-WeekStart($1))/7 AS [WeeksAgo] ,
Week(Today())-Week($1) AS [WeekRelNo] ;

DERIVE FIELDS FROM FIELDS [Date] USING [autoCalendar] ;

Ken_B
Contributor
Contributor

Another option is to split the load and the UI, create an app that uses the Data Load Editor and saves it as a QVD (or multiple QVDs).  Then create another App and use the Data Manager to load the QVD(s) and you can now create Calendar Measures.