Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stef14
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Profiling error qlik sense Feb 2019

Hi all,

can someone tell me what this error means? my version qlik sense enterprise is feb 2019

Image 3.png

21 Replies
elvidiocalderar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We have the same problem, but with September 2018 version. After migration at Feb 2019 the problem is the same
Giuseppe_Novello

Hello, Currently Support is investigating this issue. We think the issue is related to the "insight" button, and the dataprepservice memory ballooning, if the app had a complex data structure. I have submitted a bug for this: 

QLIK-94635 - DataPrepService\src\service.js crashes once user enters to "Insights" in hub.

Can you all go check windows event logs and look for errors/warnings like this one:

Unexpected termination (0) for process 0
Facility = Data Preparation
ExePath = Node\node.exe
Script = ..\DataPrepService\src\service.js

And if you could also, once again replicate the issue, but before you do so, open your task manager> go to details and sort by memory > and check if "node.exe" memory is increasing quickly. If you do, please open a support case, and provide all these information. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
msridhar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Giuseppe, the error occurs even without going into the insights pane. Even with "DISABLE_INSIGHTS" switched on/insights turned off, the error still occurs. Insights may be visually hidden, but maybe still firing in the back-end.

Your guess on complexity of data model may be right - our model is pretty complex

Quoting the error in the windows log.

Here are steps we are currently taking on every application to prevent this error from occurring:

• publish the app (i.e. do NOT keep in your local work stream)
  • go into QMC and change the owner 
  • once sa_repository is the owner, you will lose access to the "Data" pane in Feb 2019
  • without the "Data" pane visible, the error stops

Disadvantages of this approach - editing sheets is very difficult, duplication is required - does not work for nPrinting then.

The description for Event ID 300 from source Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

Child process (14708) started
Facility = Data Preparation
ExePath = Node\node.exe
Script = ..\DataPrepService\src\service.js
Command Line"Node\node.exe" "..\DataPrepService\src\service.js" port=4949 precedentsport=4950 mode=server logpath="C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log" loglevel=info
sanadm19
Contributor III
Contributor III

We're facing the same issue after having updated to Feb 2019. Nothing seems to work. Even apps duplicated into the work stream are facing this error and when that happens, all our 50+ users receive the data profiling error message no matter what app they were accessing. Someone please look into this.

Giuseppe_Novello

Please two message above this one, it describes the reason why, and as I explain it is a bug. The fix willbe in  April 2019 Patch 1 or I can give you instruction on how to turn off 100% the insight button to prevent the issue. 

Giuseppe Novello
pnorsworthy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello @Giuseppe_Novello can you please advice me on how to turn this off completely in our environment.  We upgraded to February 2019 over the weekend and have been getting this all week.   Please advise on the full process to completely disable for now.

dvickers
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Giuseppe_Novello  Please provide  instructions to disable Insights Advisor 100% across all apps. Thanks! 

Giuseppe_Novello

This is the only one I can share publicly :

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000070200

There is another workaround, but it will required for you to open a support ticket to provide details about it. 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
danaosjoin
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Has anybody checked if this issue is resolved with April 2019 edition?

Giuseppe_Novello

yes, it will be fix in April 2019 Patch1.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello