Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we display YOY% over a line between bars in a Combo chart

Hi,

I have a combo chart to display sum(sales) for 3 years, stacked bars display sales and Line displays the total on the bars showing the trend. Can we display YOY% over the line between bars in a Combo chart?
Something like in the below chart, am using text boxes now but they are overlapping with the line and bars on selections.

Please suggest me a solution asap. Thanks!

Requirement:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

24 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, the simple answer is no. You can't display anything between the bars, because expressions are only shown for dimensions. The space between the bars doesn't correspond to a dimension, it's just white space. That said, there's probably a hack approach you could implement. See attached for a simplified example which should hopefully point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Vlad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

I have attached my qvw to the original post, can you please help me implementing the approach you mentioned in your sample. It is kind of tricky with the data I have. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks Much!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Chinnu let me try this. i think you called me for this i guess

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

swuehlmrkachhiaimp can you please help. i wanted to bring this thread to your attention.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Vinay, I called you for help with this issue.

I appreciate your help! Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am working on the solution provided by Vlad. lets see if that works

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I haven't gone through this app but just looking the chart you can try this..

Add one more expression as Line

((sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'OTHER_GL','PAYMENTS'}>}SPEND/1000000)) - Above((sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'OTHER_GL','PAYMENTS'}>}SPEND/1000000))))/Above((sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'OTHER_GL','PAYMENTS'}>}SPEND/1000000)))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

mrkachhiaimp

Bhai no luck i tried in the app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you please help me fix this, users wants this to be fixed ASAP