Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing x-axis in cyclic group

Hello,

I would like to be able to change the x-axis in my cyclic group chart. I have 3 different charts. One with an x-axis of months, another with days, and another with hours. Both Months and Days are concrete figures (ex. 1, 2, 3.... etc.) but hours are grouped (ex. 0-4, 4-8... etc.). My Months and Days charts are both plotting every day or month, so my x-axis is really long. How can I reduce it to where it counts by 5 or 10?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Kevin try to use scroll in the x axis so you can limit the no of values shown at a time

Go to the Properties->Presentation->Chart Scrolling->Click on check box near Enable x axis scrollbar->Specify the no of bars .  This shows all the bars in the chart just controlling the display

IF you want to show only 5 or 10 valus in x axis then use dimension limit in the properties

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Kevin

Have a look at this Resource

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4311

It could well give you some food for thought.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Kevin try to use scroll in the x axis so you can limit the no of values shown at a time

Go to the Properties->Presentation->Chart Scrolling->Click on check box near Enable x axis scrollbar->Specify the no of bars .  This shows all the bars in the chart just controlling the display

IF you want to show only 5 or 10 valus in x axis then use dimension limit in the properties

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kevin,

* If you want to reduce the X-axis to 5 - 10. (see the attachment)

* If you want to group some dimensions in X-axis.

Properties -> Edit Group (left bottom) -> New -> Give the Group name, select type of Drill (Drill-Down Group/Cyclic Group) -> Add the required fields -> (Promote/Demote if required) -> OK -> OK -> Apply, OK.

Then you can able to see a round shaped arrow to the left bottom of your chart. (see the attachment).

If you click on the arrow, dimensions will change accordingly.

I welcome all your comments and feedback.

ICapture.JPG.jpgCapture1.JPG.jpg