Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clear functionality

Hi All,

How to implement clear functionality of qlikview for one of the value in the list box drop down??

In the listbox,I have company1,Company2 and All so.on.If user select "All" Clear functionality should be implemented.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Document Properties

Triggers

Field Event Trigger

Select in Field Action

if company is your field then

=if(Match(concat(DISTINCT company, ','), 'All'), '*', '('&concat(DISTINCT company, ',')&')')

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vijay,

Sorry,I don't have "All" value in listbox and don't have "All" value in the data as well.

Req: We can display ALL in Listbox and user selects ALL clear functionality should be implemented.

BrandLinkedInTotal
Company 1-40
Company 220
Company 35
Company 44
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Keep a button or a text object with an action to clear the field. You can make it look like an "All" by placing the object appropriately.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I understand what you are trying to do, but my take on this is that it is a bad idea. The concept of QlikView is to make selections and make results based on your selections. Introducing a non-existing value that does not associate properly with your data will not give the end-user a good interface.

My suggestion is that you look into using the sheet object's Special Icons instead. For example you can add a Clear icon in a list box. See Object Properties > Caption for available icons.

2015-05-08 08_28_27-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_tko_Documents__slask_Reload_QQ.qvw_].png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply Toni.I will try and let you know how it works.