Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III

Combining two date fields in to one field from same table

Hi,

I have two date fields both are in  MM/DD format in one table and i have to merge those two date fields into one field and use the merged field for Slider.

For Example:

One date field have 01/01 to 12/29 and other date field have 01/02 to 12/29.There are some duplicates also.I have to combine these two date fields in to one field from same table.Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Pinky

14 Replies
pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Concatenate is working and i can see the date fields in same axis.

But i am going to use the merged field in slider.If i change the dates in the slider the associative data is incorrect.

For example: Date1 & Date2 merged field is NewDateField.

I have two textbox objects used same above fields Date1 & Date2 like Count(Date1) and Count (Date2). If i scroll over the slider, data showing wrong on the text object.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is exactly what a canonical date does.

The principle is to create a third date - the canonical date - that links to both Date1 and Date2. So if you click on (or use a slider) to select e.g. 12/31, you will see records that have Date1='12/31' and records that have Date2='12/31',

I suggest you post some sample data that pertain to your situation.

HIC

pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Henric,

Thanks for the reply! This is exactly what i want. I am attaching the Qvw with sample data.Can you please let me know how can i create the Canonical date? Can you please reply me the Qvw with Canonical Date.

I appreciate your help.Thanks.Please let me know if you have any questions

Regards,

Pinky

pinky1234
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Henric,

Did you get a chance to look in to this issue.If not can you please look in to the issue when you get a time.

Appreciate your response!

Thanks,

Pinky

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In its simplest form, you just have a second table. But you can also add a Master Calendar for the Canonical date as a third table.

HIC