Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III

Copy to clipboard not working when published to qlikview server

Hi All ,

When I am opening a Qlikview Model locally , I am able to get the copy to clipboard option.like below.

ExporttoExcel.PNG

But , when I published the same report on Qlikview Server . I am unable to get the option of copy to clipboard .

Server.PNG

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

It does not exist, indeed, but you can use Send to Excel or Export... to get the contents of the table, including headers.

Copy will copy the object.

Or
MVP
MVP

Just adding to that, if the Copy to Clipboard functionality is necessary, you can install the QlikView client and use Open in Server.

pooja_prabhu_n
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Copy to Clipboard is not available in the ajax client.

You can right click on the chart and select save as  or send to excel, you can also try Print option.

Thanks,

Pooja

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Technically true, but that has some other important security and implementation implications if you are not using QlikView Plugin already or QlikView Desktop as a client. As it is today, I would not recommend the use of the IE Plugin, in general.

suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Miguel ,

If I export to excel , The pivot table report changes to straight table . How to export the pivot table as it is in report.

Thanks,

Suvechha

Or
MVP
MVP

I was referring to the full desktop client. I wouldn't recommend the plugin either, but there's nothing wrong with using the client if you're willing to deal with the hassle of installing/upgrading, as far as I know. I'm not aware of any security issues pertaining to that, either.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

QVP protocol does not use the web server component, opens a direct connection from the client to the server, that's the main point about it. In very small companies (5-8 people) this can be manageable and performance similar or even better, as you eliminate one step the information has to move through.

But as you grow in your deployment, dozens of people using QVP connections simultaneously can clog the servers while HTTP connections are less likely to do so, under the same stress.

Also, HTTP allows you to use basically any mean to handle security to Qlik apps: Windows NTFS, but also webticketing, cookies, etc.

And balance the load, although eventually, a user will be equally connecting to a single node in the cluster (if there is a cluster). You are also removing access to mobile devices.

And so on.

You can even use QVP over HTTP, which is known as tunnelling, but here the performance for the user can be seriously impacted with a relatively small app and a few users simultaneously.

It's not that using Plugin/Desktop is going to break the whole thing, or that they have a defect, but it requires a very careful architecture of the (limited) solution.