Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exception Handle in Qlikview

HI Qlik Devps,

I wanted to know how to Handle error while reload from qvd or selecting from Sql or Syntax error(comma missing,colon missing) in Qlikview Script and how to use Exception Variables Error Mode,Script Error,Script Error List,Script Error Details,ScriptErrorCount

in Qlikview Script.  i have tried it but not getting that much accuracy, Here when i uncomment and reload the data it is the variable vScriptErrorDetails is not showing type of error that is occured . so please suggest me how to Exception handling in Scripts.

i have attacted sample qvw and qvd files. Actually i wanted to restored old qvd when exception occurred while refresh qvd or loading qvd time.

Error.png

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO you may want to focus on two categories of errors in a different way:

• Script Errors (especially syntax errors), expression errors and everything else that is badly written/designed should be handled by repeatedly testing, debugging and analyzing your documents and by fixing the errors, not by providing special runtime code. This is the part that a developer is able to control from A to Z.
  • Environment, data source and other external errors can be handled by setting ErrorMode to 0 and testing the Error variables. For common situations, you can write custom code that handles or at least warns about an unexpected situation. Note that you cannot handle everything this way.

BTW the technique using ErrorMode is tricky, as every statement will reset the Error variables and produce its own succes/failure status. Therefore your error handling code should make sure to save the error state as soon as possible.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi peter ,

thank u for your reply i got some idea about exception handling in qlik by this ,can you please provide me some example on using environment variables in scripts

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

By preference, for a different question we like to launch a new discussion. Otherwise the thread will become very confusing. And a final answer won't match the initial question anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peter i mean Error variables example i asked , in above discussion also i have asked for error variables example

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Using the Search box in the top right corner of every community page, I found these that may be of interest to you.

ErrorHandling in Qlikview‌‌ or Error Handling in Qlikview

Error Handling - Add Error Type to a table

Error handling in script

Avoid General Script Error in STORE command

and if you want to know everything about variables in general, check out this one:

Variables