Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression Drill Down

Hey,

I have been using Qlikview for a while, nd have some knowledge of Cyclic and Drill Down Group, But do we have something like this for expressions?

I have one line chart with sum({<Category={'PC'}>}TargetQuant) as expression and Month as Dimension.

now I want something with which I can show sum({<Category={'Notebook'}>}TargetQuant),sum({<Category={'Desktop'}>}TargetQuant) at second level.

Please help in this.

Regards,

Navdeep

9 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can group expressions by clicking on group or simply by dragging one expression on top of the other. A cyclic expression button will appear in the chart

Not applicable
Author

Can I have 2 expressions in first level and 4 expressions in second level, as I have Target and Achieved in 1 level and further I want target and achieved for 2 subcategories of 1 level in 2 level?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Yes you can

Not applicable
Author

Could you please guide me how to do that.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Simply click and drag the expression on top of the one(s) you want to group it with

Cyclic expression.png

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Maybe I misunderstood you, it is not possible to have a level below an already grouped level, but you can create two groups

Not applicable
Author

I tried your suggestion, But my requirement is first Target and Achievment lines and then on drill down further 4 trend lines, I don't want to change them one by one.  

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I am planning to give button and then will overlay chart having 4 expressions. Is there any better way?

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Maybe you can do something with the suggestion of John here:

How to get the used expression?