Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliyoung92
Contributor III
Contributor III

Expression working in object but not when in chart

Hi, below is quite a complex expression that basically works out if two measure are increasing and if so does the calculation. It is using Max Year and Max Year -1 as I want to compare to previous year.

IF(Sum(Aggr(Avg({<YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC))"}>}[Number attended]),EventID,PREVINSTNAME)) > Sum(Aggr(Avg({<YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC)-1)"}>}[Number attended]),EventID,PREVINSTNAME)) AND

(Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<Enrolled={1},YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC))"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY)) /

Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC))"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY))) - (Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<Enrolled={1},YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC)-1)"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY)) /

Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC)-1)"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY))) > 0,(Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<Enrolled={1},YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC))"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY)) /

Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC))"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY))) - (Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<Enrolled={1},YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC)-1)"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY)) /

Sum(Aggr(Avg({$<YEARCALC={"$(=Max(YEARCALC)-1)"}>}FPE),SUBJECTAREA,INSTANCEKEY))),'')

However when I add to Table as below, it comes back blank as the end of the expression, but I know it works when ive tested it in an object. It is something to do with having Year as a dimension but i'm not sure what.

YEAR       YEARCALC   Example A      Expression Above

2013/14    2014              ABC

2014/15    2015              DEF

2015/16    2016              GHI

Any help would be appreciated

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Young,

Can yo add sample application here? This help's to understand the problem easily.

Thanks,

Venkata Sreekanth

sunny_talwar

Does it work when you remove YEAR and YEARCALC as dimensions? I think you might need to use Above() function instead of set analysis to make this work