Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nam
Former Employee
Former Employee

Google Maps API using Business Key(assigning signature to the URL)

Hi

I have managed to create a signature and assigned this to the URL:

Now to create the signature key I needed to encode the URL with the Co-ordinates and the client ID to generate a signature

Now the problem is if you change the co-ordinates you require a new signature key since the old one is invalid as it was created for the specific co-ordinates

we can change the co-ordinates dynamically using a variable in the URL but we are unable to change the coordinates in the signature key  so when you make a selection new coordinates are sent to Google and I will get an error unable to authenticate URL

My question is has anyone ever been successful in using the standard static maps api using a business Google licence(Private key) if so can some on assist how they achieved this without an extension.

the free maps work fine but I specifically need to sign the url with the business key so we are not limited to the 2.5K daily limit .

Any help, samples, input would be greatly appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nam
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Just trying to feed back on this, since the Hash function needs to dynamically change this can only be achieved by an extension.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nam
Former Employee
Former Employee
Author

Just trying to feed back on this, since the Hash function needs to dynamically change this can only be achieved by an extension.