Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help Please! (Recreate Object from Demo App)

Hello All,

I am brand new to QlikView and I would love some suggestions on how to make something I saw on a demo which came from the QlikView sight. (Please see attached.)

Under the Campaign Performance demo onthe Campaign performance tab, there is a "Filter by date" image. When you click the image, it allows you to Filter by multiple fields, "Campaign Start Date", "First Responded Date" etc. You then select the dates that you want, click "close" and the selected dates are applied.

My Question is: How do you do create such an object???

Any help/guidance is much appreciated!

Thank you,

S. Hapeman

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's not one object, but a whole range of objects. The trick is that all those objects are shown and hidden in concert.  Open the sheet properties screen and look at the Object tab. You'll see that a lot of objects have Conditional: Hidden as ShowMode. If you click on an object in the list and then click on the Properties button the properties screen of the object will open. The Filter by date 'button' is a text box with an action that changes the value of a variable. When that variable changes a number of objects will hide and other objects (for date selections) are shown. You can see the expressions for this on the Layout tab of the objects properties screen under Show.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

It is a mix of variables and conditional layouts.  The 'Filter by Date' button is a text object with an image in it and an action to set the variable 'vPerformance' to 1.  Then the text object (with the 'Close' image) is set to only be visible when vPerformance=1.  The list boxes are also set to this conditional layout.  When you click 'Close' you are really clicking on a transparent text box with an action to set the variable vPerformance back to 0, therby hiding the text box and list boxes.  Hope that helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both for your help. That makes a lot of sense.

Some more questions: How do you set a variable? How do you connect it to the text object? Can you connect it to a multi-box or other object instead?

Thanks!

regowins
Creator II
Creator II

To set a variable, go to Settings in the top menu and select variable overview. The add a variable like vtest_variable and set its definition to 123testing.

Now create a text object and go to properties(right click text obj) and in the text option type the variable you just created  =vtest_variable.  you should see 123testing in your text box.

Hope that helps! 

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!