Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II

How to create Drill Down report

I have 5 dept. and in each of the department we have 10 machines

i want to selecect dept. and see the report , under that i want to drill down to machine so that i can see the productivity of selected machine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create a Drilldown group and use it as dimension

Creating Drilldown Group:

Chart Properties -> Dimension -> Edit Groups -> New -> Select Drill-down Group option ->Give name to this group in Group Name section -> select Department and Machine and Add -> Ok

Now you can see this New Group in Dimension list, use this as dimension in chart.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

You can create a drill down group whihc will have fields Department and Machine.

Then you can use this drill down group in whatever chart/table you want to create.

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Pls. elaborate with scree shots and steps, which object i need to use for this and how. i am unable to do it.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create a Drilldown group and use it as dimension

Creating Drilldown Group:

Chart Properties -> Dimension -> Edit Groups -> New -> Select Drill-down Group option ->Give name to this group in Group Name section -> select Department and Machine and Add -> Ok

Now you can see this New Group in Dimension list, use this as dimension in chart.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much Jagan. It seems you are a master in this. Shall i ask few more question to you? how long you have been working on Qlik?

Not applicable

Hi,

To create a Drill down group, follow the below steps:

1. Right click on any chart, go to properties--dimension tab.

2. Click on "Edit Groups".

DD1.bmp

3. Click on New and Select Drill down group radio button.

4. Give whatever name you want to the group and add the field "Department" and "Machine" to it.

DD2.bmp

5. Save it and use this group as a dimension in your table/chart.(it will be displayed in the list of available dimensions).

Hope this helps!

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot..its working now