Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have got a tricky requirement. Can somebody know the way out?

On my Qlikview dashboard there is a list box which is used to accept user input for MONTH. User is allowed to select multiple values at same time. However, logically It is correct in case of MTD value and not in case of YTD values(there is another list box to give choice between MTD & YTD).

Now I thought of a solution here, to have 2 list boxes for month. One for MTD and another for YTD. One which is for YTD will allow to have only one value selected at a time. Visibility of both will be dependent on selected value in MTD/YTD list box.

The only difficulty I see in this is to clear selection of other List box while one is active. Say MTD list box wont filter out the data and will be hidden / inactive when YTD is selected.

If somebody has got any other way to achieve same result... please share those as well.

Regards,

Sachin

3 Replies
ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

I would suggest to have those 2 list boxes in 2 different Alternate States and make them as independent selections.

Also when selection is made in the first listbox we ca write expression to pass the associated values using the alternate states.

(OR)

use the triggers to clear selections on other list box with Field Change Event Triggers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton Chaitanya

ychaitanya
Creator III
Creator III

Hope that worked.. Can you please close the thread my marking the correct and helpful answers.

Thanks

CY