cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III

Intermittent issue - Mouse pointer flickering in IE browser

One of my Qlikview report contains macro scripting (macro gets executed on button click and also on each selection). Users access it from IE with plug-in installed. Sometimes, my mouse pointer flickers when accessed through IE browser. When this happens, the macro function doesn't work. I have to shut down and re-start browser to fix the issue. I am only seeing this issue intermittently for quite some time now (for reports with macros). Is there any browser setting or Qlik setting I can use to fix this?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
praveenr035
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've tried multiple options and stuck with this issue. Can some expert please weigh in?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would expect the underlying issue is some sort of timing issue with the macro trying to run its code and the other sheet calculations etc., this is a downside of using macros along with the fact the macro will force a single-thread condition too.  Macros should really be a last resort when developing, you should try to use Actions or other functions wherever possible due to the performance hits when involving macros.  

That being said, you could try the WaitForIdle API at the start of the macro which will tell the macro to wait for the engine to idle before it runs the macro code, which will allow any other calculations etc. to run, this may help, but I cannot say for sure.  The other key thing when using the Plugin client is to ensure the Plugin version exactly matches the QVServer version, having mismatched versions can cause compatibility issues too.  About the best I can offer.

Here is a link to the API Guide app in case you do not have it:

QlikView API Guide QVW 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.