cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

License model help - or 'what license do I need ?'

Hello all,

After a proof of concept, it appears that QlikView is the way to go.

I have a MySQL database and an ETL process that creates daily snapshots of the database to a large flat table; this table is then read by QlikView.

I need to distribute the dashboards to 5 people, I develop the dashboards and then what?

Do I upload the files to the server and people can read them ?

How is data added to those dashboards ?

The only experience I have is with the personal edition!

Thanks

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

With only 5 users you should be fine with Qlikview SMB Edition. That's a Qlikview Server installation for small/medium sized businesses and/or departments. You need to install QV SMB on a windows server. Then you can allocate licenses to your users so they can access the documents via the QV Access Point. You as a developer place your qlikview documents in a folder on the QV Server and in the Qlikview Management Console (QMC) you mount that folder so QV knows the folder contains documents that should be accessable via the Access Point. In the QMC you can create reload tasks for the documents so they get reloaded on the scheduled you configured for the documents.

All the installation and configuration information can be found in the online help at help.qlik.com/qlikview.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand