When itcomes to upgrade I recommend that you read the manual beforehand. But it’sbasically – backup all QV documents, uninstall old QV version, shut down IIS,install version 10 SR (no IIS needed), restart server, open and resave alldocuments. Good luck!
I would recommed to first go to v9. And then to v10 (when you have QlikView server installed).
When you uninstall QV Server, the configuration files are left on your system. When installing v9 you can re-use the config files. You will need to use the upgrade tool. Then you can upgrade to v10.
There are some server files that are not compatible with v10. If you don't mind losing your configuration files, just delete them and start fresh. Than you only need to backup your qvw files to get everything working again.
The following text is something I found on QlikView which could be helpfull.
QlikView Server upgrade
From QlikView 8
• The QlikView Publisher database from a QlikView 8.5 cannot be used for QlikView 10,
unless the upgrade tool delivered with QlikView 9 is used.
From QlikView 9
• When having IIS and updating from Version 9 to Version 10 the QlikView virtual folders
(QlikView, QVAnalyzer, QVAjaxZfc, QVClients, QvPlugin, QVJava and QVPlugin) must
either be manually deleted after un-installation or changed to point to the new folders
(QlikView, QlikViewDesktop, QVAjaxZfc, QvClients and QvPlugin) after the upgrade is
• If there is no Publisher license (only a QlikView Server license) and reload tasks have
been set up, a manual step is required.
1. After installation, start all QlikView services.
2. Go to the systems tab and select the QlikView Server.
3. Go to the General tab for the QlikView Server
4. Under the heading "Migrate Schedules" you will find a button to migrate the
schedules. Note that this will only appear if you have any tasks to migrate and if the
Management Service has connection to the QlikView Distribution Service.
• To avoid that the uninstall of version 9 removes the .config files, please make a backup
copy of the ones you have modified manually. The most common one is QlikView
• After an upgrade, the supervision accounts needs to be added in the QEMC again.
Is there any sifnificant changes between WV8.5 and QV10 developer part? If there is then can you enlighten on it a bit please? What are the major factors that a developer must focus while migrating applications from 8.5 to 10? Please help.