Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mavituna
Contributor
Contributor

Module Security For Document Not View window

Hi,

I work in IT support.  The "Module Security For Document" window does not appear on the user's computer. Therefore, it cannot display the related file. 

How can I show this window?

Thanks for reply.

hata.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

My suggestion will popup a window within the desktop client and by using the IE plugin. This measure itself couldn't cause a crash. What might be happens is that this window is opened beyond your visible screen - it's not uncommon by using a changing monitor-environment. And of course is there a program-window open the application won't react unless this window is closed again.

An alternatively to both issues (enabling of macros and showing the confirming popup) is to delete the (after a backup) settings.ini from the user:

C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

After that all settings are set to the default-settings - means no favourites, recent files, window positions, licence and so on are gone.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with pressing: CTRL + m respectively CTRL + SHIFT + m

- Marcus

mavituna
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your support. For the action you suggest: we open the report on internet explorer. The page crashes because this warning screen does not appear. On which screen will we do the action you suggest?

marcus_sommer

My suggestion will popup a window within the desktop client and by using the IE plugin. This measure itself couldn't cause a crash. What might be happens is that this window is opened beyond your visible screen - it's not uncommon by using a changing monitor-environment. And of course is there a program-window open the application won't react unless this window is closed again.

An alternatively to both issues (enabling of macros and showing the confirming popup) is to delete the (after a backup) settings.ini from the user:

C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

After that all settings are set to the default-settings - means no favourites, recent files, window positions, licence and so on are gone.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is an Article reference for the WindowPOS entries in the Settings.ini file:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002457 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.